Celebrating 7 years of Musical Service!
As of December 1, 2014, we have 282 members, 153 musicians, and 53 males! Join us, today!
Music is what feelings sound like. ~ Anonymous
MUSICIAN’S SURVEY | SIGN THE PETITION | MAKE A DONATION | SHOPPING
Message from the Executive Director
“Peggy’s latest musical offering is a beautiful double disc of holiday music. Each song is an incredible jazzed up re-interpretation of some of your favorite holiday music and of course there are a few of Peggy’s originals that will keep you interested in her long after the holidays are over simply because of her lovely vocals and impeccable pianos skills.” — Sounds of Timeless Jazz
|Christmas is Here (Inst)||$ 1.29|
|Hark the Herald Angels Sing (Inst)||$ 1.29|
|Little Drummer Boy (Inst)||$ 1.29|
Hope you are enjoying the season! Wishing you all wonderful, happy holidays.
I just returned from England where I had a wonderful concert in Berkhamsted for the Jazz Society. We had a packed house and a wonderful audience of REAL jazz lovers.
If you are in any of these places, I would love to say hello
SATURDAY, JANUARY 10 @ 7:30 PM
THE HALLE CULTURAL ARTS CENTER
237 North Salem Street, Apex, North Carolina
with special guest Jim Ketch, trumpet and Jason Foureman, bass and Kobie Watkins, drums
Tickets www.etix.com or call the Halle 919 249 1120 or at the Halle box office
More information next month
For more great jazz listening on the net, tune into http://www.purejazzradio.org –24/7 of great straight-ahead jazz.
THE MENLO PARK LIBRARY
800 Alma Street, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Capping off a stellar year, vocalist Catherine Russell returns to New York City in December with seasonal fare and classics of blues, swing, and jazz from her latest highly acclaimed album, Bring It Back (Jazz Village).
- Saturday, December 6: Russell reunites with Vince Giordano and The Nighthawks for the annual Chazen Jazz Concert at Rockland Community College Cultural Arts Center in Suffern, New York.
- Monday, December 8: Russell leads her sextet as the featured entertainment for the Louis Armstrong House Museum’s annual GALA at Capitale in Manhattan with a program that will explore varied and sometimes overlooked chestnuts from Satchmo’s vast repertoire, from New Orleans to Swing to The Great American Songbook.
- Thursday, December 11: Russell and her quartet celebrate the Holidays with a free to the public, noon concert, in downtown NYC at The Winter Garden at Brookfield Place, performing seasonal tunes from favorites to the less well known.
- Saturday, December 13: Ladies Sing The Blues (with Catherine Russell and Charenee Wade fronting a 7 piece band) visits McCarter Theater’s Berlind Theatre in Princeton, NJ, for an evening paying homage to ’20s and ’30s female blues singers like Bessie Smith, Mamie Smith, and Ethel Waters, with arrangements based on the original recordings.
- Tuesday, December 23: Russell makes her debut appearance at Jazz Standard as featured vocalist with Andy Farber’s After Midnight Orchestra, the wonderful 18-piece band that recently wowed Broadway audiences. Leader, saxophonist, and arranger Andy Farber wrote arrangements and played on Catherine’s two most recent albums, Bring It Back and Strictly Romancin’, and will delve into that catalogue as well as unveiling new big band arrangements.
- Saturday, December 27: Russell and her trio venture to New England for a first ever visit to The Side Door, a wonderful new jazz venue in Old Lyme, Connecticut.
- Wednesday, December 31: Russell and her trio ring in the New Year with a New Year’s Eve show at Shanghai Jazz in Madison, New Jersey for the 4th consecutive year.
- Touring continues into 2015 with select Catherine Russell appearances as follows:Friday, January 9 / City Winery / New York, NYSaturday, January 10 / NYC Winter Jazz Fest, Hot Jazz Stage at Carroll Place, New York, NYSaturday, January 17 / Jazz on the Mountain at Mohonk Mountain House (w/ Carolyn Leonhart, LaTanya Hall) / New Paltz, NYSaturday, February 14 / WP Presents at the Shea
Performing Arts Center (Valentines Day Concert) / Wayne, NJThursday, February 19 / Tribeca Performing Arts Center
(Highlights in Jazz 42nd Anniversary) / New York, NYSunday, February 22 / NJPAC – Dorthaan’s Place Jazz Brunch / Newark, NJ